Bugs, creepy crawlies, rodents and other unwanted house guests really don’t understand quite how inconvenient they are! They will turn up unannounced at weekends, holidays and even in the middle of the night, so you may find yourself having to call an emergency pest control service in Birmingham when you least expect it.
Pest infestations in the UK are rapidly growing, and whether it’s ants in the kitchen, bed bugs in the bedroom or rats in the basement, every household is open to these unwanted pests in their home. Pests can cause significant threats to our daily lifestyle, health, property and food, so identifying and removing these invaders is critical. Finding a reliable emergency pest control service in Birmingham quickly is vital.
Local councils have recently taken huge budget cuts over the last 5 years, so services such as free of charge pest control in Birmingham is now very rarely offered. We would highly recommend going direct to a private Birmingham pest control services provider, especially if it is a particularly large infestation and professional products may be required. If you haven’t had to find an emergency pest control service before, then here are some handy hints and tips of what to look for:
- Ask friends and family if they have used anyone for pest control within Birmingham. Recommendations and word of mouth are often the best way to find reliable services. Does the pest controller have a professional website with customer testimonials?
- Ensure you buy value and not base your selection on price. Even though price is a factor, in emergency pest control situations, you want to be sure to rid of in the infestation the first time and not have any leftover guests!
- When the controller arrives, ask to see identification to ensure it’s who they are who they say they are! If you have to sign a contract with the Birmingham pest control service provider, make sure you fully understand the nature of the pest and the extent of the problem. You may need a follow up visit which could cost more expense, or you may need to take preventative action to reduce future infestation risks.
- Make sure the company has the appropriate insurance such as public liability to ensure any damage caused by chemicals, gases or pest controlling tools are covered by the service provider.
- The pest controller should be able to answer any questions you may have. There may be one or two questions that they may not know the answer to, but the obvious questions should be answered fully. If your controller can’t answer your questions, and they don’t try and find out the answer, then they may not know what they’re doing after all.
Remember, it’s important to remove the infestation in one sweep if possible.